Here are some cyber security tips to help protect your business online:
- Use strong and unique passwords: Make sure to use strong passwords that are difficult to guess, and use a different password for each of your accounts. Consider using a password manager to generate and store your passwords such as LastPass.
- Enable multi-factor authentication: Multi-factor authentication (MFA) or Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring you to provide a second form of authentication in addition to your password. This can be in the form of a code sent to your mobile phone or an authentication app.
- Keep your software and devices up to date: Make sure to keep all of your software and devices (e.g. computers, phones, routers) up to date with the latest security patches and updates.
- Use secure networks: When connecting to public Wi-Fi, be sure to use a virtual private network (VPN) to encrypt your internet connection and protect your data from being intercepted by hackers. Check out Perimeter 81 – a VPN service or contact me directly to discuss further.
- Educate your employees: Make sure that your employees are aware of the importance of cyber security and provide them with the necessary training to protect your business online.
- Implement secure processes: Use secure processes for tasks such as handling sensitive data, and have a plan in place in case of a cyber attack.
- Use firewalls and antivirus software: Use firewalls and antivirus software to protect your devices and network from external threats.
- Back up your data: Regularly back up your data to protect against data loss due to cyber attacks or hardware failures.
By following these tips, you can help protect your business from cyber threats and ensure the security of your online operations.
If you would like to help implementing any of these tips please get in touch!